Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pelicans, eating local and an evening in the garden



82
85  86
The kids and I had a lovely day at the zoo with some friends yesterday. The weather was perfect and the company was fabulous. These pelicans caught my eye, roaming around the penguin habitat. I think I’ll use them as inspiration for some upcoming paintings.
87
I just love eating straight from the garden. Last night I sauteed homegrown zucchini and pattypan squash in butter, added some salt and pepper and garnished it with tons of fresh basil and mint, also from our garden. So delicious.
89  90
Last night we sat out on the deck, quietly drinking beer and each doing our own thing. I brought out my little watercolour sketchbook and started playing around, looking to the garden in front of me for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment