Monday, November 11, 2013

1 Cast Iron Pan–3 Crappy Pans = Simplicity

One of the biggest causes of clutter in our house (aside from tools, ahem) is kitchen “stuff”. We are much better than we used to be at resisting the urge to continually add to the mess, and we are redefining what is a necessity in our kitchen, but we still have too much.

We recently took advantage of a local sale and purchased a beautiful cast iron pan. I love that its so well made, durable and will last us forever (as long as we take good care of it). I also love that we were able to replace three pans that weren’t working so well by buying this one item. So, while we did make what would seem to be another "extra" purchase”, my pots and pans drawer is much less crowded now. And instead of 3 crappy pans, I now have one beautiful pan.

I love paring down and simplifying.


1 comment: